Join the team at Blunsdon House Hotel
We are a 4* privately owned Hotel on the outskirts of Swindon with 108 bedrooms, 3 Bars, 2 Restaurants. Extensive Conference & Banqueting facilities, Leisure Club with Golf Course & Beauty Salon. We are a busy venue with corporate delegates, leisure guests, celebrations events, Christmas Parties and much more.
We have the following Full Time Vacancies:
As a Full Time Receptionist you will need to be well presented with excellent customer service skills both face to face and over the telephone. Previous Hotel experience would be preferred for this position.
You will be working 5 shifts over 7 on a rota basis including weekends. The hours of work will be 7am - 3pm, 3pm - 11pm and once trained on days you will be required to train on Night Reception 11pm - 7am to ensure we always have cover available for the Night shift if and when required.
Chef de Partie
We are looking for someone with flair and enthusiasm with the ability to work under pressure. This is a full time position working 5 days over 7, mainly straight shifts.
We are looking for a Porter to work 5 shifts over 7 including some weekends. Hours of work 7am - 3pm/3pm - 11pm on rota basis as business dictates. You will need excellent customer service skills in order to deal with the needs of our guests and will be assisting in the setting up of Conference & Function Rooms. Knowledge of audio/visual equipment and setup would be an advantage but not essential. Dealing with guests and their luggage, room service and assisting in other departments as required etc. Some knowledge of working in a Hotel is preferred but not essential.
Full Time Restaurant Supervisor required for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner shifts. You will need to be reliable and flexible with excellent customer service skills and able to work 5 days over 7 which will include weekends on a rota basis. Good Food & Beverage knowledge required.
This role involves a range of duties, including: assisting in the day to day operation of the Conference and Events Department. This is a big part of our business which means our customers expect a smooth, organised and excellent customer focused service. Ensuring rooms are set up to our guests requirements, being ready to help to make sure the event runs efficiently on the day. From syndicate rooms to conferences, exhibitions, private banqueting/dinners you will ensure all of our guests receive efficient, professional and friendly service at all times you will also supervise the conference porters ensuring values and standards are delivered as well as sales and profitability achieved.
We need individuals who can work well under pressure and are personable, reliable, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
The key performance requirements of the Conference Host role includes:
- To be fully aware of Hotel Facilities.
- To have a thorough knowledge of room layouts and capacities.
- To have full knowledge of the operation and installation of Audio Visual equipment.
- Ensure all rooms are set and serviced to the required standards.
- Meet & Greet our Conference guests and ensure all details for the day are run through. Make adjustments as required liasing with Sales dept.
- Identifying customer service problems or issues before they arise.
- Displaying a positive and friendly manner with customers.
- Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests quickly.
- Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
- Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
- Plan and allocate tasks to team members ensuring all staff are fully utilised.
- Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
- Ensuring promises are kept by following through on customer requests.
- Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
- Duty Management cover as required.
The successful applicant must have previous experience in Conference and banqueting, and able to work mainly 7am-3pm/3pm – 11pm (but also be flexible) 5 days over 7 on a rota basis.
Staff Benefits include:
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Best Western Staff Discounts
- Employee of the Month Award
- Discounted Leisure Club Membership