Blunsdon House Hotel - Terms & Conditions
Standard terms and conditions that will apply to all bookings made at Blunsdon House Hotel. The following terms will govern both the hotel and ultimate user of the hotel. We have tried to make these terms and conditions as clear as possible.
The objectives of them are:
• To provide parties with a better understanding of their contractual obligations.
• To heighten awareness of the legal obligations of all parties when confirming a booking.
Conditions 1 to 9 and the event confirmation form the basis of your contract with Best Western Plus Blunsdon House Hotel detailed on the event confirmation. ‘You’, ‘your’ and, ‘the client’ means the people booking or using the venue. ‘The venue’, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means Blunsdon House Hotel.
1. What are your obligations?
- To accurately give us all the information we request at least 5 working days prior to the start of your event.
- To sign the event confirmation within 5 working days of your receipt of it to confirm that you agree to the information detailed on it and to these terms andconditions. Failure to do so may result in space being released by us.
- To advise the venue of any inaccuracies made on the event confirmation or any other document within 48 hours of receipt of it. We regret we cannot accept anyliability if we are not notified of any inaccuracies in any document in accordance with this clause.
- To get agreement from the venue for any changes to the event confirmation following confirmation.
2. What if you have to cancel or make substantial changes?
- You may alter delegate numbers by up to 10% up to 5 working days before the event. Changes of more than 10% may incur cancellation charges as detailed belowin 2b. Delegate numbers charged will be those confirmed no later than 48 hours before the event or the minimum number agreed at the time of booking, or the actualnumber of delegates which attended the event, whichever is the higher.
- For changes of more than 10%, the event may be re-located to suitable alternative space within the same venue as best fits the revised number. Alternatively anadditional room charge or revised rates may be levied to reflect the value of the original room size allocated.
- If you have to make changes to delegate numbers of more than 10% or cancel your event, you must let the venue knowin writing as soon as you can. In the event that all or part of the affected space cannot be re-let and as long as we receive notice of your cancellation three months or more before your event, we will not charge any cancellation fee (unless you have paid a deposit, in which case we will retain your deposit). If we receive it after that, we will charge you our equivalent lost gross profit (65% of the ex VAT food and beverage sales and 90% of the ex VAT accommodation and room hire sales). - If we are able to re-let some or all of the affected space, then the charge will be reduced to take account of the space re-let.
- Time frames for wedding and social events may vary so please see associated event booking conditions.
3. What if the hotel has to make significant changes or cancel?
4. What are the a. b. c.
In the exceptional circumstances where the venue has to cancel or significantly change the arrangements for any reason, suitable alternative facilities will be provided or if this is not possible a full refund will be given.
The venue will not accept any claim for compensation, expenses, costs or losses incurred by the client as a result of the change or cancellation.
Credit facilities must be pre-arranged, requested at the time of booking and are provided at the venue’s discretion.
Credit accounts must be paid within 30 days of date of invoice or interest will be charged at 2% above base rate per month or part-month thereafter.
We are very happy to pay agency commissions if your event is booked through a legitimate 3rd party agency, however we reserve the right to send the account to the end user only and not to any intermediaries.
Please note changes and errors occasionally occur. The venue reserves the right to correct errors in confirmed prices.
In some circumstances (such as, but not limited to large events, weddings, block bookings, prime time bookings) deposits or pre-payments may be required. Any such payments required will be requested at the time of booking and will be non-refundable.
All extras requested during the event will be charged to your account unless you instruct us in writing and in advance not to do so.
5. Does Force Majeure apply?
a. Except where otherwise expressly stated in these conditions, we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of ‘force majeure’. In these conditions, ‘force majeure’ means any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
6. What is the venue’s liability to me?
The venue will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from: -
- (a) the fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- (b) the fault of a third party not connected with the provision of the event which we could not have predicted or avoided or
- (c) an event or circumstance which the venue could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care.
The venue excludes liability to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we do not accept any liability for any loss of profit, economic loss or other indirect loss or for any loss suffered by any third party. In any event the liability of the venue shall not exceed the price payable by you. Where we are found liable for loss of or damage to luggage or personal possessions (including money), we are entitled to rely on the limitations of liability contained in the Paris Convention on the Liability of Hotel Keepers concerning the property of their guests.
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits any liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the venue or its employees.
You are subject to the venue’s standard liabilities in relation to health, safety and security.
These terms do not affect any rights you may have under the Hotel Proprietors Act, where that Act applies.
7. What if I have a problem?
- In the unlikely event that you or any member of your party have any reason to complain, you must immediately inform the venue. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to the venue as soon as possible. No liability can be accepted if you fail to notify the problem according to this procedure.
- Any disputed invoiced item must be raised in writing with the venue within 7 days of date of invoice. Disputed items will be dealt with separately from the remainderof the monies due which must still be paid when due.
8. What if I have delegates with any special requirements or needs?
If you have any special request, you must make this known at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to meet the request, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part.
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your event, please make this known before you confirm your booking. In any event, you must give full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
9. Is there anything else I need to be aware of?
- Please obtain written permission from the venue in advance of your arrival if:-
- you intend to bring electrical equipment to the venue (these must be PAT tested and certificated)
- there is a safety risk associated with anything you want to bring to the venue
- you wish to stick or attach anything to the walls, floors or the ceiling of any room in the venue.
- you wish to consume wines, spirits or foods not supplied by the venue (additional charges may apply)
- third-party agents or suppliers are to be utilised.
- Blunsdon House Hotel reserve the right to refuse any request at their discretion.
- Blunsdon House Hotel reserve the right to cancel bookings if they consider in their absolute discretion that it may be poor business practice to proceed with the booking
- The venue reserves the right to object to the employment by you of any photographer, toastmaster, band, musician, entertainer or other person in connection withany event.
It is your responsibility, where appropriate, to comply with all requirements of the Performing Rights Society in respect of any music played or musician employed. Noise limitations may apply at some venues.
- The venue’s name/logo may be used in publicity only once a proof of the promotional material has been agreed directly with the venue.
- The venue must comply with certain licensing and statutory regulations and requires you to fulfil their obligations in this respect.
- Meeting rooms are available for the time shown on the event schedule. Additional charges may be made if that time is extended.
- The bedroom accommodation is available from 14.00 on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 11.00 on the morning of departure, unless specific alternative arrangements have been agreed.
- We are unable to guarantee that all of the facilities at the venue will be available for use during the event. The venue is unable to make refund or reduction in thecharges if any facility is unavailable.
- Adequate insurance is recommended. Details of the policy offered are available from the venue.
- It is the policy of the venue not to discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, creed, sex, marital status, age, ethnic origin or disability. The client, it’s employees,guests and all sub-contractors engaged by, or on behalf of the client are expected to adhere to this policy and the venue may, without incurring any liability, removefrom the venue any person offending against this policy.
- You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to the venue.
- We both agree that the Law and local jurisdiction of the country in which the venue is situated will govern your contract and agree that any dispute, claim or other matter of any description which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of the relevant country.
- For day delegate packaging flipcharts will be supplied by Blunsdon House Hotel up to a level that is deemed reasonable for the number of delegates.
- Free use of an LCD projector is only available when booking a delegate rate or 24 hour delegate package. Only one LCD will be provided per booking, and will not be provided for syndicate rooms.
- Unlimited fresh fruit is only available when booking a day delegate or 24 hour delegate package.
- Unlimited tea, coffee & water are only available with a day delegate or 24 hour delegate package.
- Unlimited fresh pastries or biscuits are only available with a day delegate or 24 hour delegate package.